Who is a successful entrepreneur? -The one who is able to turn a simple idea into a sellable product. How do you bring a simple concept to become a successful business venture? Can you do it all by yourself? No, you need to assemble a team of members who are willing to stand by your venture, and become a part of it. Hiring the right set of employees is one of the most crucial aspects of growth. As the leader, you should have the ability to pick the right candidates for your company, who are not only talented, but also understand your vision. Here are certain points to keep in while hiring employees:
- Look for someone who is ambitious and has a commitment towards his career: You don’t to hire someone who keeps switching jobs every 2-3 years, just for higher salary. It is important to cease better opportunities, but loyalty towards the firm and stability equally determine the candidate’s nature and character.
- Instead of mere looking at the resume and judging on his/her educational qualifications, look for someone who has good learning and analytical skills. A person who can grasp new knowledge and put it to efficient use is someone who will help you achieve unique results. Testing candidates might be tricky, but don’t evaluate candidates merely on the basis of their resume and their confidence because a resume can contain lies.
- When you hire someone to work with you, you need to make sure the person is on the same page; if he understands what your company aims to achieve. It is important for you, as a leader, to give him an imagery, to get to see and understand your vision. So check for compatibility- whether the candidate is comfortable with the office culture, his willingness to participate in project meetings and how he manages to get along with his colleagues.
- Instead of asking personal questions in the interview, which makes the situation very awkward, you can have your HR team analyze the candidate’s presence on social media.
- Hire interns. This is one of the most effective way to find out if the candidate can actually work in the real environment. Sometime, what the candidate says in the interview room is much different than what he is actually capable of. And what is a better way to find this out?
Recruiting new employees is a challenging job, especially for small businesses and startups. So it is important to keep in mind that you need a team full of hard-working people who get along well with each other, and together you, as a firm can achieve success.