With over 400 million active users around the world, Instagram is the best social platform for companies to reach out to audiences who are willing to engage. Engaging pictures and captivating taglines and hashtags will lead to more exposure for your brand. Here are a few Instagram marketing tips to expand your teensy company into a burgeoning one.
1) Post images that attract attention: There are over 70 million photos posted on Instagram daily, so try to “stand out”. Instagram offers a range of filters to add value and appeal to your photo. To reflect professionalism, images should be of high quality without an awkward crop. Try to incorporate life-inspired backgrounds, scenes, and models to add a scenario to your product. Research has shown that images with blue as the dominant color see 24% more likes than images that are predominantly red. You can use apps like WordSwag and Typorama to create your content look more professional and appealing.
2) #Hashtags: Adding hashtags to your post makes it easier for people to access your content, even those who don’t follow you. Hashtags give you the opportunity to reach new followers. Before posting any image, search around for similar content to see which hashtags are popular and likely to lead to the most awareness.
3) Optimize your profile: Choose an Instagram name that’s the same as, or related to, your business’s name across other social media channels to make yourself more recognizable. Always include the link to your online shop or a official brand page in your bio. You have upto 150 characters so try to make your bio as informative and interesting as possible.
4) Consistency: Consistency makes your brand more recognizable. Your audience will know when to expect new content from you. The Ideal number of posts on Instagram is 1-2 per day. If you want to post multiple pictures at once, use can Instagram’s album feature, which allows you to make a carousel gram with multiple pictures in a slideshow.
5) Interacting with others: Search popular hashtags and write complimentary comments on people’s posts to gain more followers. Interact with your followers and the people you to follow you. Responding to comments, thanking followers for their tags, and liking other user’s contents is likely to get you more engagement in return. Follow back as many users as possible and try to connect with them on other social sites.
6) Contests: Instagram contests helps you earn more followers and increase engagement. You can give away popular gadgets, gift cards or even discount codes and promos, but make sure it’s something desirable and relevant to your brand. Post an appealing photo of that prize and include all details of the contest in the caption.
7) Compare the number of likes: You can understand your audience better by looking at which images people like the most. This can not only help you decide what kinds of images you want to post in the future, but it can also help you do a little market research for your products.