Productivity is the Key to Becoming a Successful Freelancer
What makes a job into your best dream? A lot of people will say that a job without a strict daily schedule, where you get to be your own boss is the perfect option. Or in short, working as a freelancer.
Although there are a lot of perks to working on your own terms, it is also accompanied by more responsibility.
When you work at an office, you have a fixed schedule to comply with, which often helps to keep you from getting distracted. Also, being surrounded by colleagues often motivates you to be productive – or at least guilts you into working.
When you are the master of your schedule, on the other hand, you will be more exposed to temptations that can keep you from your work.
Whether it’s a friend you want to meet, a place you want to visit, or a Thunderbolt online casino bonus you want to exploit – there will always be something more appealing than working.
So how can you maintain your focus as you become a freelancer, and how should you go about your day when you have a specific goal on your mind? If you manage to create a somewhat steady schedule and stick to it – you will be able to become a successful freelancer!
5 Ways to Stay Productive
Every freelancer has a different tactic that might help him (or her) to reach success, but to help you get started, here are some of the most useful tips you might want to follow:
- Manage distractions – Nothing can disrupt your working routine and discourage you from working like fun activities. It can be so tempting to meet up with friends at all hours of the day or go on a shopping spree at random hours, but those are the things that can hinder your success. Make sure to avoid all distractions right from your first day as a freelancer, or else you won’t be able to withstand the temptation to take random breaks in the future. Shut off your phone, tell your friends that you will answer their calls and meet up with them only after you finish your work for the day, etc. Creating those limits between your personal and professional life is crucial!
- Create the right atmosphere – When you work in an office, there is something in the atmosphere that helps you get your bearings and concentrate on work. To imitate the same ambience, you can do simple things that will help you focus. First of all, don’t stay in your PJ’s – it is a recipe for a lazy day of binge-watching Netflix shows. Dress as if you are leaving your house, even if it’s something casual. Also, you should create an official working environment instead of using your couch or coffee table as an office. Otherwise, you will feel as if you’re relaxing at home rather than trying to work.
- Create a set schedule – Although you can start your day as late as you’d like to, you can’t just swing it and go about your day without having a plan and a to-do list. It doesn’t matter how tight (or loose) your schedule will end up being, as long as you have specific working hours and tasks you need to accomplish every single day.
- Take breaks to increase productivity – Every time you complete a task, reward yourself with a fun break that will keep you motivated. After all, nothing is stopping you from doing a yoga session, cooking yourself something scrumptious, or reading a chapter from your favourite book when you can afford to do so.
- Leave all the technical tasks for later hours – Various studies concluded that people are more task-oriented in the mornings. That is why you need to focus all your energy on performing hard and creative tasks the moment you start your workday. You can do all the technical tasks – such as managing your money or creating a to-do list for the week – when you’re not as focused.
Those are only a few of the things you can do to maximize productivity while working from home. Do you find the tips useful?
Working as a freelancer, from the comfort of your own home, has its perks. But you need to be able to make the most of your day to succeed when you don’t have an office to keep you in check.
Find the things that can help you concentrate, and you will be able to have a productive and successful career as a freelancer!