Many people who reach their 40s and 50s start to worry about planning for retirement and to be financially capable to maintain a stable life and also pursue your dreams that you’ve always wanted to pursue, people mostly tend to hire a financial planner to do just that and if you want to know if it is a good idea to plan your retirement with a creative financial planner then below will be listed a few points which might help you decide if you should hire a financial planner or not.
- Financial situation: most people feel their financial situation is simple or that they have enough saved up to not worry about the future and that they don’t need a financial planner but working with a financial planner can really help manage your finances and also help you find investment opportunities which can help you and safeguard you against things like inflation or sudden financial misfortune.
- Working towards your dreams: Most people wait to follow their dreams after retirement and hiring a creative financial planner can really help you work towards those dreams all the while helping you know the limitations, creative financial planners also help to make sure pursuing your dreams does not put you in a financial hole and makes sure that you are secured financially.
- Seizing Opportunities: creative financial planners can really help you find a source of income even during retirement with things such as investment, government benefits which I can take advantage, benefits and plans that your employer can offer you and much more. Financial planners know about numerous benefits, investment opportunities etc and hence will make it easier for you to get an alternative source of income that can really help later on.
- Ease of planning: Financial planners really make it easier to plan for retirements, if you are planning for retirement without a financial planner then there are various things and aspects that you might overlook and a financial planner makes sure you don’t overlook them along with showing you more opportunities and helping you with the overall management and planning.
- Cost: Hiring a financial planner is not exactly cheap and will cost you accordingly, there are different ways a financial planners charge for their services, first is fixed fees where the financial planner is paid a fixed amount for services such as making a financial plan etc , hourly charges which is when the financial planner charges you hourly and is typically for counselling or a special project, there are also financial planners who take a percentage of the total investment or the type of planning you need etc, they also sometime charge commission and extra pay based of their performance. Ask the planner about how much they charge and try to find a planner who is working at a cheaper and affordable rate.
Hiring a creative financial planner for retirement planning is a good idea making the planning and financial management easy and more effective but be sure that you can afford one and to find a good planner who you can trust in, maybe ask your family or friends if they know someone and can help you.